Davidson College - Wrestling Camps

Charles W. Parker Wrestling Room

Located in the Baker Sports Complex, the Charles W. Parker Wrestling Room is one of the top wrestling-only practice facilities in the Southern Conference. It was opened in 1989, and has provided the Davidson Wrestling program with not only a practice facility, but one that is close to the lockers rooms and offices that make up the program.

Funding for the wrestling room was given by former Davidson wrestlers to honor Charles W. Parker, Class of 1938 and the Davidson wrestling coach for four decades.

Baker Sports Complex

The Baker Sports Complex is the nucleus of Davidson’s athletic program. It is home to events, meetings, training, dining, administrative offices for staff and a state-of-the-art athletic medical facility.

The complex is home to Davidson’s men’s and women’s basketball, volleyball, wrestling, men’s and women’s swimming and diving, and men’s and women’s tennis teams. Baker also includes several team locker rooms, two weight rooms, three racquetball courts, one squash court, a dance studio and a modern athletic training room.

Located just to the rear of Baker Sports Complex is the entrance to Davidson’s scenic cross country course, which serves as training ground for the Wildcat cross country teams.

The complex opened in 1989 and is named for the Baker Family. Thompson S. Baker, Class of 1926, played football at Davidson during the most successful years in Davidson football history and also served as the student body president.